FEMP: Overview of IT Consolidation in Data Centers
This webinar will present an overview of prioritization and implementation of IT consolidation in data centers. IT consolidation plays an important role in reducing IT energy use as well as the energy use of infrastructure support systems, such as cooling. Additionally, the session will discuss drivers and best practices for IT consolidation in the Federal government including the latest developments in the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI). Representative(s) from National Laboratories will discuss their experience with IT consolidation.
Magnus Herrlin, member of the High Tech Group, LBNL
In this course you will:
- Understand the nature of IT consolidation
- Understand the importance of IT consolidation
- Understand how IT consolidation impacts IT energy use
- Understand how IT consolidation impacts infrastructure support systems
- Understand how to perform IT consolidation
- Understand the best practices of IT consolidation
- Learn about drivers and best practices in the Federal government
- Learn about actual IT consolidation case study (ies).