Hilton Worldwide and Whole Foods Market Partner with the U.S. DOE to Launch Better Buildings Challenge SWAP
Today the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) unveiled the Better Buildings Challenge SWAP, which involved Hilton Worldwide and Whole Foods Market swapping energy management teams at their facilities in San Francisco.
As part of the SWAP, each team identified innovative ways to save energy in Hilton San Francisco Union Square, a 1.8 million sq. foot hotel and Whole Foods Ocean Avenue, a 25,600 sq. foot grocery store. A reality-style web series, including behind-the-scenes footage, featuring both teams is now available.
- Bloomberg Business - Can a Reality TV Show Help Cut America's Power Bill?
- Fast Company - Watch the Department of Energy's Earnest, Kind Of Adorable Energy-Efficiency Reality Show
- Guardian - How many companies does it take to change a lightbulb?
- Eco News Network - Energy Efficiency: Better Buildings Challenge Swap
- Green Lodging News - Hilton, Whole Foods Market First Up in Better Buildings Challenge SWAP