To streamline and better align with ISO 50001:2018, DOE is updating the Superior Energy Performance program. This website provides a preview of the forthcoming 2019 version of the renamed program, SEP 50001. Details will be updated on this website at the time of launch. Learn about the forthcoming program updated name change. View the website for the current SEP program.
ANAB-accredited Superior Energy Performance 50001 (SEP 50001) Verification Bodies provide high-quality auditing services and certify facilities to ISO 50001 and SEP 50001.
SEP 50001 Verification Bodies:
- Advanced Waste Management Systems, Inc. (Contact: Robert Ellis)
- DEKRA Certification, Inc. (Contact: Chris Carson or Nikki Hockenberger)
- CWB Registration (Contact: Inderpal (Indy) S. Jaswal)
Applicant SEP 50001 Verification Bodies:
Applicants can issue SEP 50001 certificates once accreditation to ANAB is successfully completed.
- Bureau Veritas (Contact: Daniel Sterling)
If the certification body that you typically contract with is not listed above, please encourage that organization to apply to become an SEP 50001 Verification Body. Find out how to confirm that your certification body can conduct the audit and certify your organization (coming soon).
Facilities hire an SEP 50001 Verification Body and pay them directly. Please contact the Verification Bodies above to inquire about auditing rates and fees.
Become an SEP 50001 Verification Body
SEP 50001 Verification Bodies are required to:
- conform to the MSE 50028-2 standard for SEP 50001 (2019) (Note: ANSI/MSE 50028-2016 for SEP 2017 and ANSI/MSE 50028-2012 for SEP 2012)
- obtain ANAB accreditation, and
- sign a participation agreement with the SEP 50001 Program Administrator (U.S. Department of Energy).
ANAB accredits Verification Bodies for SEP 50001; for more details, contact Tina Garner at (414) 501-5481 or email@example.com.
- View the program documents for the 2019 version of SEP 50001 program, including ANSI/MSE 50028-2:2019.
- Use DOE's informational materials to share information with and expand certification services with customers
- Assign certified experts to the audit team:
- Submit the required report to the Administrator after each certificate is issued, separate versions available for each program version: SEP 50001 (2019), SEP 2017, and SEP 2012.