Thank you to Summit speakers and attendees!
At this year's Summit in Washington D.C., over one thousand energy professionals (1,080 to be exact!) came together to tackle what the next big things will be when it comes to saving energy in our nation's homes, buildings, and manufacturing plants.
Over the three-day event, attendees had the opportunity to exchange best practices with leading energy experts and uncover new ideas for more effective pathways to make energy efficiency even more possible across their organizations or companies. Sessions filled up quickly and the most popular topics included renewable technologies, training and engaging employees, and finacing methods to spur greater investments in new infrastructure, lasting jobs, and more resilient communities for all Americans.
This year's Summit highlights:
- 18 manufacturers, commercial real estate, multifamily, and retailers achieve 20 percent or greater energy savings goals through Better Buildings Challenge
- 240 new partners join broader Better Buildings Initiative
- $1.9 billion dollars in cost savings and 240 trillion BTUs in energy savings
- 4 billion gallons of water saved and 15 million tons of carbon emissions avoided
- 5 partner insider talks featuring thought leaders from Northwestern University, Wendco - a Wendy's franchisee, Ygrene, Chesapeake College, and Celanese