The Interior Lighting Campaign (ILC) – a collaborative effort from DOE, GSA, the International Facility Management Association, the interNational Association of Lighting Management Companies, and the Illuminating Engineering Society – is accepting applications for 2019 recognition, which covers projects completed between January 2013 and April 2019.
Facility owners and managers that have achieved significant energy savings in their troffer, linear suspended, high-bay, and/or low-bay lighting and controls projects are encouraged to apply. The deadline for applications is April 16, 2019. The application and more information are available on the ILC website.
Current ILC participants are expected to save more than $68 million annually based on their planned or completed upgrades to high efficiency luminaire systems and lighting controls. Participants selected for exemplary performance will be recognized at a special event hosted by the Illuminating Engineering Society at their 2019 Annual Conference, August 8-10, 2019 in Louisville, Kentucky. They will also be recognized on the ILC website (see past recognized organizations here). Organizers will receive a recognition certificate, photographs from the recognition event, access to the formal press release, and tweets to showcase their success.
Recognition categories include:
- Greatest Annual and Highest Percentage Annual Energy Savings for Lighting Retrofits
- Greatest Annual and Highest Percentage Annual Energy Savings for Lighting in New Construction
- Best Use of Lighting Controls in a Single Building
- Largest Number of Facility Projects
- Greatest Portfolio-wide Annual Energy Savings
- Exemplary Sector Site(s)
- Innovative Categories (New!)
- Integrated Controls for Plug Loads and Lighting Systems
- Integrated Controls for HVAC and Lighting Systems
- Other Integrated Systems and Lighting
To learn more about how to join DOE’s Interior Lighting Campaign, visit the website or sign up for the webinar, “2019 Interior Lighting Campaign Recognition: New Categories and How to Apply,” presented by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory on March 14 at 12:00 PM ET. Resources (tools and guidance) that will assist in your efforts to achieve savings can be found here.
The deadline for recognition applications is April 16, 2019. Apply here today!