Join the Better Buildings Alliance
Join over 200 commercial building owners, operators, and other stakeholders that have already connected with Better Buildings Alliance to promote energy efficiency. Team up with DOE’s exceptional network of staff and technical experts to determine energy savings goals, develop innovative cost effective energy solutions, and deploy efficient technologies and market practices. As a Better Buildings Alliance partner, receive account management support, engagement opportunities, newsletters and webinar notifications.
Members represent over 11 billion commercial square feet across six key market sectors: retail, food service, commercial real estate, hospitality, healthcare, and higher education.
Non-profits, efficiency NGOs, and trade organizations that represent sectors covered by the Better Buildings Alliance may be eligible to join as program affiliates.
- Assign a company representative who is authorized to represent your organization in the Better Buildings Alliance.
- Share your organization-wide energy savings goals, encouraged to be a multi-year goal saving 2% of energy annually.
- Work to achieve your goals and monitor progress through publicly available tools, such as the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager.
- Participate in at least one workgroup or activity, such as a sector-specific workgroup or a cross-cutting or technology-specific effort/group (i.e., the development or implementation of new specifications for an innovative technology).
- Share your successes and help other members replicate your results.
- On an annual basis provide an update on your energy savings and progress toward meeting your goals. Together we can show significant progress toward reducing our energy impact.
- Provide information and energy efficiency implementation models to help members improve the energy performance of their building portfolios.
- Work with members to create new resources to help them overcome efficiency challenges and increase the availability of highly efficient products and technologies.
- Provide a neutral, third-party platform for sector peers to address common challenges.
- Connect members with Financial Allies for financing solutions.
- Keep members informed through regular communications and webinar series.
- Provide access to DOE and trusted third-party information and technical resources.